How Do I Set up Monitoring Alerts?
This section explains:
- What monitoring alerts are.
- The levels at which monitoring alerts can be set.
- How to set up monitoring alerts at each level.
What Are Monitoring Alerts?
This functionality allows users to:
- Set lower and upper data usage limits at which monitoring alert notifications will be triggered.
- Define data usage limits on a company-wide, group or subscriber-by-subscriber basis.
- Nominate monitoring alert recipients, who will be notified by email when data usage thresholds are reached.
Levels of Monitoring Alerts
- Company level alerts
- Group level alerts
- Subscriber level alerts
This table defines the types of monitoring alert it is possible to set and outlines the differences between them.
|Company monitoring alert|
A global alert that applies to every subscriber in the account.
This alert is triggered when any subscriber in the account exceeds the defined usage thresholds.
|Aggregated group monitoring alert|
Applies to the combined data usage total of all the subscribers in a group.
This alert is triggered when the combined data usage of the subscribers in a group exceeds the defined usage thresholds.
|Individual group monitoring alert|
Applies to every subscriber in a group.
This alert is triggered if any subscriber in a group exceeds the defined usage thresholds.
Subscriber monitoring alert
Applies to a specific subscriber.
This alert is triggered when the specific subscriber the alert relates to exceeds the defined usage thresholds.
Ground and First Floor
St. Vincent Plaza
319 St. Vincent Street
Glasgow, G2 5LD