How Do I Set up Monitoring Alerts?
This section explains:
- What monitoring alerts are.
- The levels at which monitoring alerts can be set.
- How to set up monitoring alerts at each level.
What Are Monitoring Alerts?
This functionality allows users to:
- Set lower and upper data usage limits at which monitoring alert notifications will be triggered.
- Define data usage limits on a company-wide, group or subscriber-by-subscriber basis.
- Nominate monitoring alert recipients, who will be notified by email when data usage thresholds are reached.
Levels of Monitoring Alerts
- Company level alerts
- Group level alerts
- Subscriber level alerts
This table defines the types of monitoring alert it is possible to set and outlines the differences between them.
|Company monitoring alert|
A global alert that applies to every subscriber in the account.
This alert is triggered when any subscriber in the account exceeds the defined usage thresholds.
|Aggregated group monitoring alert|
Applies to the combined data usage total of all the subscribers in a group.
This alert is triggered when the combined data usage of the subscribers in a group exceeds the defined usage thresholds.
|Individual group monitoring alert|
Applies to every subscriber in a group.
This alert is triggered if any subscriber in a group exceeds the defined usage thresholds.
Subscriber monitoring alert
Applies to a specific subscriber.
This alert is triggered when the specific subscriber the alert relates to exceeds the defined usage thresholds.