Data Routing Options
This section explains:
- The data routing options that are available in the platform.
- The key features of each type of data routing.
- Guidance on choosing between data routing options.
What Options Are Available?
Connectivity Management allows you to route data by either:
- Setting up data routing feeds
Allows you to forward data from your subscribers on to a defined endpoint.
- Subscribing to the MQTT broker
Allows you to forward data from your subscribers and send data to your subscribers.
Data Routing Feeds
For example, setting up data feeds allows you to forward data on to a third-party application, such as a data analytics application. Connectivity Management allows users to set up data feeds using the following protocols:
Subscribing to the MQTT broker allows you to:
- Forward data from your subscribers to your own MQTT client.
- Send data from your MQTT client to your subscribers.
Which Should I Choose?
The data routing option you choose depends on whether you have a requirement to send data to your subscribers as well as receive data from your subscribers.
- Set up data routing feeds if you only need to receive data from your subscribers.
- Subscribe to the MQTT broker if you need to send data to and receive data from your subscribers.
Ground and First Floor
St. Vincent Plaza
319 St. Vincent Street
Glasgow, G2 5LD